Thursday, August 13, 2009

Suggested Reading #1: The Ideal Muslimah

I was over at Thoughts of a New Muslimah's blog and I came across this book suggestion.

The IDEAL MUSLIMAH
The True Islamic Personality of the
Muslim Woman
by Dr. Muhammad Ali al-Hashimi

It is an available online as a PDF. I am in the process of reading it and will give you my thoughts as I go. Let me warn you ahead of time - I am a modern Muslim American woman. If I found the book to lay a negative light on Islamic women, I will let you know and if it does Islamic women justice, I will let you know as well.

Click HERE for the PDF link!

Here is also a short PDF called the The Woman and Her Husband that I found as well. I have not read this one as well, but you will be sure I have my say.

I will post an analysis of these two readings in the next few weeks. Inshallah!

3 comments:

My life my story said...

Hi there!
I will also read this soon! insha´allah! I also found as PDF after a suggestion of a fellow sister! I like your blog!

Learning As I Go said...

Thanks. I am just learning as I go, one day at a time.

My life my story said...

yeah thats the only way to do it really... one day at a time :)

The Quran Says:

"And thus preach joy to My servants.Those who listen to the word and follow the best of it. Those are the ones whom Allah has guided and they are the wise people." (39:17-18)